Free Breeze

2:40:00 PM

This is going to be a long, long post because I'm totally obsessed with this skirt. I can't say much of it's origins. Its tag sings of a brand I've never heard of, but seems to suggest the kind of "wear-to-work" clothes women with fashionably constricting jobs used to be able to get away with. (As a vintage shopper, that's a stylistic avenue I seriously approve of.) I grabbed it on a 20-minute run through the Amherst Goodwill (I miss you, Western Mass!) when I had a bit of a wait for my bus. Fabulous decision. Added bonus: It was only $1.50! I love the half-off specials. 
This is exactly the windy day this beauty deserves. The color, the pattern--everything, essentially. It's a little big on me, but I think I like it that way. 
That Goodwill run also produced this glorious bag. God, I'm such a sucker for vintage. It's actually dated. There's a tag in there that actually says "copyright 1975." It's that awful-wonderful leather-look vinyl material that you just can't get anymore. And so spacious! I adore it. At $5, I almost didn't buy it, but after coming back and staring at it longingly six or seven times, I figured it was worth the sacrifice. 
In other news, I just feel kind of great about myself today. You can totally see my bra through my dress: Don't care. I haven't shaved my armpits in weeks: Fuck yeah, feminism. Pair those attitudes with classic red lips, and I feel like I can take on the whole damn world. 
I'm going to see an old friend tonight. Perhaps she'll want to take on the whole world with me?
I don't look like my mother at all, but somehow I feel like I look like her in this picture. It's a resemblance of attitude. 
My mother is beautiful, so that's pretty exciting. 


Dress (worn as a top, of course): Dorothy Perkins
Skirt, Belt & Bag: Thifted @ Goodwill
Tights: Simply Be
Mocs: Minnetonka
Sunnies: Ebay
Earrings: Theater Department Sale






You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. That leather look vinyl is so good, my boyfriend had a satchel he always used which was a wedding present for his parents in the 80s, the strap broke though in the end :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! That's so sad!
    You know, as much as I love my bag and am delighted to have come across it, it's definitely not the first of it's kind I've seen at thrift stores. Try looking in the luggage section! (Mine is absolutely luggage, I just insist it's a carry-all purse.) People sorting things at thrift stores often don't really know where to put things. Amazing bags often end up thrown in with moldy old suitcases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good tip, I'll have to have a look in the luggage section. The bag did come as part of a luggage set I think, so they're not too far off. I did see someone else with the same bag a couple of months ago, so they can't be that rare, it's just the story behind it.

      Delete
    2. Also I've featured you on my 'what I like this fortnight' post, because I think you're really cool :)

      Delete
    3. Eeek, thank you! I dunno how I failed to notice this until now!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe