Shoes Are for Squares

4:56:00 PM

I bought this dress at Target on Saturday. At like 11 PM. My friend Rebecca has to get credit for finding it, buried among the racks and racks of clearance. And she totally wanted it! But all they had was a bunch of 2Xs, and I'm a little closer to filling that out than she is. Sorry, darling, but at $8, I wasn't gonna pass it up. (Hm, now I have to find her a cute maxi to make up for it.) It's far too big and far too long, but I can call the looseness a fashion thing and hem it. Until I get around to that, I hiked it way up with a belt.
I pretty much bought the dress with this exact outfit in mind. It was wasted on the post office, but then I brought my little sister and dog to the park. It's a pretty good park outfit. 
Because it's so dang cute, I decided it would be a good first go on Lookbook.nu. Lookbook is basically the website that inspired me to start blogging, waaaay back when. I still think it's cool, but there is just not enough body diversity on the website. I know I'm a white cisgirl, but I'm a size 16 and I'm doing my bit? Hopefully I'll stick it out. It's a fun medium. Check me out!
I'd have preferred wider stripes, but these little ones give a very cool visual effect. 
And I'm not wearing shoes because it's SUMMER and no one can make me. (Don't worry, I wore flip-flops to the post office.)


Shirt: Thrifted @ Goodwill
Dress: Target
Scarf: Vintage, my mother's
Ear cuff: Asos
Sunnies: Forever 21




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe