ModCloth's Call of the Styled Coat

8:00:00 PM

Recently, I was contacted by one of ModCloth's ModStylist's (eek, I love them) and asked to participate in their Uniquely You blogger contest. I'm delighted! The trick was to design an outfit around one of their adorable private label pieces--in this case, this utterly darling Call of the Styled Coat. I'm not terribly good at Polyvore, so my collage is a little awkward, but I'd like to assure you, backing up this claim with my extraordinarily pretigious (snort) fashion blogger status, that I'd wear the heck out of this outfit. All of the clothes go up to a 4X. Except for the tights, but only because Polyvore wouldn't call up their burgundy plus size tights.
Call of the Styled look


The Call of the Styled coat is really a dream. It reminds me of a wool coat I had as a child in the best way. I love the red trim and faux-fur lining. ModCloth rated it a 3 on their 5-tier warmth scale, so it's the perfect weight for that fast-approaching transitional period! Of course, if this was my coat, I'd probably stubbornly wear it all winter.
This coat has a great length, but I think it would be at its cutest layered over a mid-length skirt. I've arranged the Bliss Is the Life skirt here with the utterly darling Lighthearted Look top and some dark red tights for a cozy, layered look that's still workable for those on the go!
I threw in this sweet little Fashionable Geographic necklace because I've got an identical one and it looks good with literally everything. The length of the chain is especially nice because you can tuck it under the collar of your shirt. This bag--the Upholsterer's Outing Bag--is hurting my heart. It's gorgeous, but far too expensive for me, so I'll pine from afar.
With cold weather coming, don't forget your gloves! But if you're looking forward to winter in Chicago like me, it might not snow till well after Christmas. Get your kicks in now with these divine Sprig Deal Wedges. You'll be confined to snow boots soon enough.

Ah, I wish I was this ready for winter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe