Violet Vale

6:29:00 PM

It's really easy for summer to get me down. I miss my friends and campus. I miss sweaters. I miss comfortable temperatures. I've lived here all my life. This summer has asked me to confront something uncomfortable time and time again: I've gone an grown up. I don't recognize my neighbors anymore, and they have to squint for a full minute before they recognize me. Restaurants that seemed glamorous and large are sort of dinky and strange, alien and familiar. Rooms are smaller. Sisters are entering 5th grade.
I can't pinpoint exactly what that has to do with this outfit. I wouldn't have worn it two years ago.
Anne (of Green Gables) has a similar experience on her own trips home to Avonlea. I guess that's a feeling that translates over the generations many between us. Also Anne is fictional, so.

Dress: Thrifted @ Goodwill
Shirt: Totally my dad's
Jacket: Vintage via my mother
Mocs: Minnetonka
Sunnies, Necklace: ModCloth 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe