Mermaid Status

7:58:00 PM

Surprise! Are you surprised? I am, I find. Until about two weeks ago, I thought I'd never do crazy colored hair. I'm not sure what changed, but I couldn't be happier.
It's not all one color,nor quite as bright as I was hoping. Perhaps this was to be expected. I had a couple layers of cheap dye in my hair, but I never dreamed it would be so difficult to bleach my hair. I've always been pretty resistant to dyes, but this was ridiculous. I was finally unwilling to damage it anymore!
With the help of my 11 year old sister (who is a serious hand at dying hair, considering she's never done so before) and generous helpings of coconut oil, I was able to maintain my natural texture. What you see here is third day hair!
I used Ion Brights Aqua with a little purple mixed in. I'm in love with it, even if it goes from aqua to an unintended asparagus green.
Maybe I'll go over it again? Maybe I won't. Either way, it's a fun adventure. My middle school self would be proud.

Shirt: Thrifted @ Savers
Skirt: Street vendor
Sandals: Clarks
Sunnies: ModCloth





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooh, your first dye job looks amazing! I used to be all about the Special Effects dye--even though I gave it up to go back to my lower-maintenance natural color, I still miss it sometimes. This is mermaid hair for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, kudos to your sister!
    My only attempt at colorful hair was dip dying my ombre tresses 2 summers ago--when it faded from the hottest of hot pink to dingy brassy pink, I decided to was time for a change, chopped my ombre off and dyed the remnants of my hair a nice brown.
    Mermaid status for sure!

    Katie | www.katielikeme.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe