Rule Breaker

10:12:00 AM

With this outfit, I'm breaking one of those unspoken plus size rules: Oversize clothes are fashionable and interesting if you're slim, and indeed loose clothing is encouraged and produced in vast quantities for sizes 14+. Yet somehow, I know I'm not supposed to wear a vast denim shirt. On me, it doesn't emphasize an angular body. 
As usual, it's not "flattering." And yet? I dig it.

The shirt is my dad's, and large even on him. As a family of bird keepers, we're apt to have a lot of thick, long-sleeved shirts on hand. Bird feet are sharp!







These sunglasses are literally from ACE HARDWARE. They cost THREE DOLLARS and I'm sorta in love???? What a weird stroke of luck.
And my all-summer shoes, of course!

Crop top: Boohoo+
Denim shirt: My dad’s and probably thrifted?
Jeans: American Eagle
Sandals: Clarks
Sunglasses: ACE HARDWARE!
Purse: Thrifted @ Goodwill

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Bless you for breaking the rules. You look wonderful, and "flattering" can go suck rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait wait wait...I think you buried the lede here (or I might have missed this, I've only been reading your blog a few months). A family of bird keepers? I want to know more about this!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe