Vintage Etsy for Plus Sizes

6:00:00 PM

Shopping Etsy while plus size is so much harder than it needs to be. Size US 6 and below? Score! Size US 8 to US 10? Good luck! Size 12+? It may seem hopeless, but I promise you, there are plenty of plus Etsy sellers if you're willing to look. And if you're not, here's a list of my favorites!

Something about the vibe of The Plus Size Peach really works for me. I just made my first purchase with them (they're a fairly new shop!) and was utterly delighted with the experience. So much of what's on offer in vintage and vintage inspired plus sizes is hyper, hyper feminine or...men's clothes. TPSP walks that line nicely.

Though Proud Mary has mostly moved to their own website, I'm still and will ever be a fan of their Etsy shop. There's a great aesthetic mix, and it's always great to support a plus size small business!

Brown Bag Vintage has way too many dresses to tempt me. The only downside is that the stocks tends to be in the 12-14 range, with few 16s and even fewer 18s and 20s. Vintage is hard that way. Their standard size shop has a lot of plus sizes, too. I don't know why.

Not exclusively plus size, but lots and lots and lots of plus items! Some of the stuff can be pretty pricey, but it's pretty groovy, too.

Dividson Studio is so out of the box and COOL. Three generations of talented textiles artists dye and alter clothes--mostly denim. If you're looking for a departure from the standard floral dress of plus size vintage shipping, look no further. They have a huge stock with lots of larger sizes!

What's that? You're comfortable with those vintage floral dresses? Me, too! Thread Over Heels has some of the sweetest pieces on all of Etsy.


Plus size inclusive and plus size specific Etsy shops are super, but don't forget to poke around the rest of Etsy, too! The trend for "oversize" garments can work in your favor if you're careful (and can bear to give money to someone pretending an XXL sweater is actually just intended to be a trendy size 4). Try typing "oversize" into the search bar, alone or with your actual search term (EG: "oversize cardigan; oversize dress"). Lots of things won't actually be labeled as plus size, but the size tag or measurements are listed plain as day. For instance, I might search for a "size 16 dress" or "38 inch waist." You'll be a pro in no time!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Shopping for shoes + plus size clothes on Etsy has always been the bane of my existence. I'm so glad you were able to highlight some new shops and spread the wealth!

    While my shop is not exclusive to plus size, I do try to keep some in stock. It's my goal in the future to have a 50/50 ratio of straight size to plus size.. and you know I'm always good for those 80's vibes! shop1980something

    Hannah | The Outfit Repeater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! It's really hard to find good vintage that is ACTUALLY plus size, so I'm always super excited when I do. A couple sellers I like besides the ones you listed are The Curvy Elle (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCurvyElle), SizeIsJustANumber has a HUGE selection (https://www.etsy.com/shop/SIZEisJUSTaNUMBER), Buxom Babes Vintage (https://www.etsy.com/shop/BuxomBabesVintage), and if I can toot my own horn a little, I have a plus size section in my shop, too (http://www.etsy.com/strangerbirdvintage) although my shop is closed for a little bit while I deal with life stuff.

    Good tips on searching; I usually start just searching "plus" and then using the categories in the sidebar to narrow it down, but searching a specific size ("2X" or "20" or whatever) also works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blondellamy'Dean LLP was started in July 2012 by Anna Lynn Johnson and Chris McClelland. A Curvy Girl's Boutique. Sizes 10-36. Create an account to receive a free $5-$50 account credit. Plus Size Boutique and Plus Size Shorts.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe